Coastal Bend College (CBC) is offering free tax preparation services through the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program. Members of the community with household incomes of $60,000 or less are eligible to receive free basic tax return preparation services.
Coastal Bend College, Alice
704 Coyote Trail, Room 206A
Opens January 28, 2019
Monday-Thursday: 9 a.m. – 12 p.m.
Closed March 11-15 and April 19-22
To help accurately determine EITC eligibility and prepare their returns, taxpayers should bring:
– Government-issued photo identification
– Valid Social Security cards for the taxpayer, spouse and dependents
– Birth dates for primary, secondary and dependents on the tax return
– Wage and earning statement(s) Form W-2, W-2G, 1099-R, from all employers
– Interest and dividend statements from banks (Forms 1099)
– Forms 1095-A B or C Affordable Care Act statement
– A copy of last year’s federal and state returns, if available
– Bank routing numbers and account numbers if requesting direct deposit
– Proof of daycare expenses paid in 2016 including provider’s name, address and Federal ID #
– If married and filing jointly, both spouses must be present
Questions regarding CBC’s free tax preparation services should be directed to CBC’s Associate Professor of Accounting Lupita Ramirez at (361) 354-2505 or via email at email@example.com.
Visited 86 times, 1 Visit today