First Annual Country Boy Chili Cookoff: Georgetown
DATE: NOVEMBER 12TH
TIMES: Check-in: 12-12:45
– Competition begins: 1PM
– Competition ends: 5PM
– Winner announced 5:30PM
WHERE: 101 Innovation Way, Georgetown KY
WHY: To raise money for God’s Pantry. We will also be collecting canned goods to donate as well.
What to bring/ What you will need:
– You need at least one large batch of chili. The more chili you make, the more you
you can sample out. The more samples you can give out, the more votes you can collect.
– Bring your chili at serving temperature. THIS MEANS BRING IT HOT!!!!
-We will be transferring your chili into metal pans and serving trays with sternos. This will allow us to keep your chili warm for the duration of the event.
-If you bring your chili in a throw away container it will make it simple on you when transferring your chili. You can bring it in any container you wish though.
-Please bring a ladle or spoon to serve your chili. Will be serving the chili into 2oz ramekins for guests.
– Any toppings you would like to add to your chili: Sour cream, Cheese, etc. Please also bring anything you would need to serve these items: tongs, something to keep cheese cold, etc. We will provide crackers for the guest.
– Per usual, there are no real rules for the chili. Feel free to make any type of chili you like. Just be sure to make at least one large batch. More never hurts. We would love to see a wide variety of chili recipes. You can make the chili as mild or as spicy as you like. If it’s spicy please let the guest know, is courteous.
– You do not have to use beer in your chili. Make the recipe you think will win! Although adding beer never hurts!
– Please be a good friendly competitor. This event is about raising money and food for God’s Pantry. Be kind. This will be a good time!
– There will be two categories of competitors, Pro’s and Joe’s:
PRO’s: all chefs, restaurants and other professional cooks will need to enter this category.
JOE’s: This will be for amateur home cooks.
(Please note you may sign up for the PRO category if you wish. Though no professional chefs or restaurants will be able to enter the ‘Joe’ category.)
How voting will work:
1) When guest arrive they will be given a ticket.
2) They will take the ticket at the end of their tasting and write a number on the back of the ticket.
3) The number they write on the back will be associated with the chili they are voting as the best. (
(The guest will not vote based on ‘pro’ or ‘joe’. They will simply write the number of the chili they thought was the overall best chili.)
4) We will then count each vote given to each competitor and announce the winner for each category.
There will be sweet prizes for both the ‘pro’ and ‘joe’ categories. Not to mention the bragging rights to the best chili in Georgetown!
** SIGN UP HERE- http://bit.ly/2yV3ZVc
– If you have additional questions or concerns please contact Zac at email@example.com
Who is it for?All ages – Family
Tickets : How to get tickets?
At the door: If available. – call & check if available
WHEN & WHERE
Date & Time: Sunday, November 12, 2017 | 17:00 PM to Sunday, November 12, 2017 | 23:00 PM
Venue & Address : Country Boy Brewing: Georgetown Taproom & 108 Corporate Blvd., Georgetown, KY 40324 United States
Visited 184 times, 1 Visit today