Calling all of Greater Western Sydney’s Small Business Owners, Business Booster is your Day to Work On Your Business.
October is NSW Small Business Month and across our State there are hundreds of Events organised by the NSW Government, Local Government, Chambers of Commerce and Small Business Owners to give back to the Small Business Community. Small Business Month will feature seven themes for in 2019.
• Starting a business: for entrepreneurs with a business idea looking to learn key essentials such as applying for an Australian Business Number (ABN), registering a domain name and managing finances.
• Business basics: learn the essentials to growing a successful business, including business planning, financial management, managing staff and more.
• Digital future: for small businesses looking to build an online presence, learn new technologies, create a digital strategy or simply utilise opportunities to grow digitally.
• Marketing and social media: an opportunity for small businesses to understand how social media works, create a social presence, reach new audiences or grow their current expertise.
• Disruption ready: from natural disasters to new technologies, it is important for businesses to plan to survive and thrive.
• Aboriginal businesses: empowering aboriginal entrepreneurs with information and tools to start and/or grow their business.
• Women in business: exclusive opportunities for women keen to start or grow their business with advice, tools and insights from a community of inspirational and successful female leaders.
Who is the Greater Western Sydney Business Booster For?
The answer: Greater Western Sydney’s Small Business Owners from Side Hustlers and Start-ups to Growing and Established Business Owners.
Highlights for 2019 Greater Western Sydney Business Booster will include
1. Business Planning and Resilience to align with Starting a Business and Business Basics
2. Innovation and Entrepreneurship to align with Digital Future and Marketing and Social Media
3. Opportunities in Western Sydney: Local Business Wonder Women including a Panel Discussion featuring successful small business women from Western Sydney.
More About Blacktown as this year’s Host City.
Blacktown City is home to over 23,000 businesses that provide over 138,000 jobs to the residents of Western Sydney. The majority of this employment is in manufacturing followed by retail and wholesale trade services, then health and community services.
Our City offers a variety of strategic advantages for business located in the City including three motorways, the M4, the M2 and the Westlink M7 which creates an orbital ring road around the Sydney metropolitan area.
Blacktown also has an increasingly skilled workforce, with relatively lower rates of unemployment than at previous times. As a home to over 366,000 residents and a strong higher education presence, Blacktown is continuing to grow and compete internationally.
About Business Booster
Key members of the Greater Western Sydney small business community are sharing their knowledge and expertise at the Business Booster. This is your opportunity to:
• Invest the time to work on your Business
• Connect with Blacktown’s Small Business Community
• Learn strategies to grow your Business
• Connect and network with other members of the Small Business Community in Greater Western Sydney
• Showcase your own Local B2B products and services.
The 2019 Program
This year’s Business Booster will open doors at 9am for networking and Trade Tables. The official proceedings start at the small business friendly time of 10am to 4pm. This allows for our small business owners to keep their early morning and family routine the same and also to be back in the business or attending to the end of day routine. This year’s Business Booster Program will consist of four key elements.
1. Morning Talks: Updates from Council and Service NSW supporting Small Business
2. Local Small Business Wonder Women: a panel discussion to inspire the next generation of entrepreneurs.
3. Working Lunch Round Tables (New to 2019)
4. Shop Local Trade Tables
The Morning Talks
Designed to set attendees up powerfully for the day ahead, to focus on their own small business needs and their personal development as a business owner.
Keynote: Your Life, Your Money, Your Business Setting and Aligning Your Goals for Action
Sheila Cabacungan, Certified Financial Planner’s topic is Financial and Business Planning: Ensuring Small Business Owners are educated and implementing wealth creation strategies so they don’t retire poor.
Keynote: Council’s plans for Small Business
Michael Thomas, Blacktown Council’s Head of Economic Development will present the Business Development Plan for Blacktown and how Council can support Local Business.
Keynote: Starting a Small Business in NSW
Anthony D’Cruz, Council Relationship Manager for Service NSW will introduce the tools developed by the NSW Government through Service NSW to assist the Start-Up and growing Small Business.
2019 Panel Discussion.
This year’s panel discussion will look at the opportunities created and resilience of Greater Western Sydney’s Small Business Wonder Women. Moderated by Sheila Cabacungan.
Small Business Wonder Women:
Western Sydney is home to Wonder Women who have chosen to pursue Success, Work Life Flow and Financial Independence through Small Business.
This year our panel of Wonder Women will share the story of their Small Business, the lessons they learned as a guide to new start-ups and how the West has shaped their small business success.
Trade Tables and Refreshment Breaks
Shop Local Trade Tables with a curated group of Small Businesses providing products and services to the Blacktown Small Business Community.
Networking opportunities are also part of the day during Morning Tea and Lunch provided by our Catering Partners.
The Round Tables
Each attendee can attend up to three 45-minute round tables with experts discussing topics relevant to small business owners and aligned to the Themes of NSW Small Business Month 2019. Choose from:
• Starting a small business
• Marketing and Social Media
• Business and Financial Planning
• Finance and Money
• People Issues: Hiring Staff, Outsourcing
• Business Advice: legal issues and minimising disruption
• Workshopping your Small Business Idea.
Each Round Table will be hosted by an Expert who will do a short TEDx style presentation to open the Round Table and leave plenty of time for the participants to engage, ask questions and workshop issues.
Attendees have the opportunity to attend 3 Round Tables relevant to their Small Business or to visit the Trade Tables or Network.
Visited 70 times, 1 Visit today